MAC Vs. COLLECTION 2000's Lasting Perfection

This is my final foundation to review in my MAC VS. the high street posts, I hope you have enjoyed them and many of you have told me it's helped you decide on if to buy a foundation. 

Okay, when I picked this product up I was a total snob, I hadn't really tried many products from the Collection 2000 range and was totally expecting to write a review on how awful it was. I was wrong. Collection 2000 is a budget high street brand that do not test their products on animals. The lasting perfection range has been one of their most popular (possibly due to their 16hr wear promise?) 

As usual I choose the lightest shade that the foundation is available in: 2 Ivory, the product is available in 6 different shades but again I don't feel like it caters for the darker skin tones. 
 Collection 2000 claims that it is the 'Ultimate wear foundation provides up to 16 hours of flawless skin.' 
 and 
'Lasting Perfection Foundation will take you from dawn to dusk and back again, with no need for reapplication'  Both seem to be pretty big claims, especially for a budget brand foundation... right? Well I wouldn't say it lasted 16 hours - but then again I never have my make up on for 16hrs. But it is one of the longest lasting foundations I have even tried. It looks exactly how it did when first applied, at the end of the day. 


 The oil free formula is perfect for combination skin, it gives a dewy finish with flawless matte texture. When pumped on to the back of my hand it appears really runny, I thought this would equal a light and greasy coverage but with one or two pumps it gives a comfortable medium coverage. However I wouldn't use much more as it is not build-able and can appear 'cakey' ( for lack of a better phrase) 


The packaging is surprisingly pleasant and chic with its frosted glass effect bottle. This clear bottle makes it easier to see how much product you have left. The pump is again free with the product - which is a bonus on MAC. I think the packaging is simple as aesthetically pleasing to the eye - looking more expensive that a mere £5.99 ( CURRENTLY £2.00 OFF IN BOOTS)

Overall I was really impressed with this product, the lasting ability is like nothing I have ever tried and I only paid £3.99 !! 
8/10

Labels: , , , ,