Hello! I am back. Because in the words of 50 cent " I had 99 problems but the blog ain't one"...
Anyway I decided to write what I would tell my teenage self - if given the chance. I know technically I have only just excited my dearest teenage years, but I am writing this to my pre-uni self.. As through the last two years I have learnt more about myself than ever and have become happy with who I am and those I have around me so lets go...
- DON'T wear a Lonsdale hoodie because your friends are! They are horrific and you know deep down that you do not like them.
- Jane Norman shopping bags are NOT an accessory, so don't treat them like one.
- Clear bra straps are NOT as see through as you think!
- Be CONFIDENT in your own style. Because most of your mistakes are through following crowds.
- You're right skinnies are far better looking that flared school trousers... so just KEEP wearing them.
- Over-plucking your eyebrows is a MISTAKE, and you will be growing them into a better shape even when you are twenty.
- STOP! wearing thick black eyeliner, people think you are giving evils even when you are not!
- When you mother tells you not to wear fake nails DONT! because you are going to end up in hospital after swallowing the nail glue - and being freaked out by them forever more. (Yes, this is a true story)
- Extensions are NOT the good idea you once thought, they don't look real and pull your hair out, just grow your god damn hair.
- DREAM MATTE MOUSSE IS THE DEVIL. Just because everyone else wears this thick and drying foundation does not mean you should.
- Everyones right! older boys, who hang out in parks are NOT cool. Seriously.
- DON'T trust everyone so much...Wearing your heart on your sleeve is not always the best policy.
- DON'T turn the good ones away.
- THINK about your friendship groups, getting in with the wrong crowd is not that great.
- You WILL be fine, no matter how much your friends and boys let you down... you'll figure it out.
- DITCH the attitude
- DON'T be scared of bloody everything.
- TRY new and challenging things.
- DON'T be who your friends are, you're better than that.
- CONTINUE being opinionated, despite how much teachers hate it. It makes for interesting conversations when you are older.
- LISTEN to you're parents, they're right.
- DON'T leave everything until the last minute.
- READ! it is cooler than you think.
- FORGET science teachers they'll always hate you.You'll never use a bunsen burner again!
- LISTEN to english teachers they believe in you.
- MAKE THE MOST of everyday with your sister, because you'll miss her when you move away.
- DONT do a dance A Level, no matter how much your teachers guilt trip you.
- LET teachers tell you you'll make it nowhere one day you'll stick two fingers up.
- You are LUCKY you have an amazing family and are intelligent, but you'll figure it out.
- ENJOY school, it's easier than you think. You'll PASS despite the bad behaviour.
Thanks, for reading. I promise more posts are coming.
Labels: advice, Beauty, fashion, lifestyle, teenage self