So, yesterday was my last day at Grazia magazine. I am absolutely gutted that it went so quickly and can say it was one of the best experiences of my life. I had a great time, and got to write far more than I had ever dreamed of. Yesterday, I did much of the same as most of the other days - and forgot to take a photo of what I was wearing whoops.
So, today I am going to tell you what I learned this week, and my five top tips.
What I Learnt:
- That people in fashion are a lot friendlier than they're represented.
- I need to be more confident in myself, and not to apologise for not knowing everything.
- Journalism is definitely where my future is.
- People in Grazia get just as excited as you do over an £8 jumper from H&M or free food.
- Everyone is really lovely, and where in my position once.
- If you don't ask you don't get.
- Make sure you get remembered for something, and not for being the annoying one.
- Do everything you are asked to do with a smile.
- Make friends with other interns etc, they will help you if you help them.
- Be on time or early everyday.
- Always ask if people need any more help, don't sit twiddling your thumbs in empty spaces- there should be no empty spaces in your day.
I hope this helps, I have since got another work placement in BAUER for June, and can't wait to be in the building doing what I love. Despite how sometimes at uni you can feel like you are stuck in a rut or unsure if your going in the right direction a placement will help you know where you are heading and I am so happy with how this week went!
Labels: advice., fashion, grazia, journalism, placement, tips, work experience