TREND LUST: 90's

Often described as the century that style forgot the 90's was the era I grew up in and hold dear fashion memories and mishaps from. However it seems to all be coming back from hair styles to fashion and even to foods. Check out my favourite 90's trends that are back! 

Me in my 90's look: Hat: borrowed, Necklace: Matalan, Tee: Primark, Dungaree's: Topshop, Watch: Michael Korrs


TREND ONE: DUNGAREES


Yes, thats right that is an image of the N*SYNC boys in dungaree's back in the 1990's and now they are back again! I have already bought into this trend and desperately want MORE! They are bang on trend at the moment and super comfortable for the summer. 
Alexa Chung Wears Dungarees. 




Topshop: Left- £36.00 Right- £55.00

TREND TWO: TIE DYE

 
 As a 90's kid I loved the tie dye tops, even more so if they were pink. And I think this is why so many people my age had jumped on to the tie dye trend. It's so easy to make (CLICK HERE FOR A VIDEO MADE BY ME AND FRIENDS FROM UNI) but if you cant be bothered with getting messy, here is a cute top from Urban Outfitters. 



Urban Outfiters: £25.00 


TREND THREE: BACK PACKS:
Yes, they were bigger than us when we were at school, and then they were majorly uncool and now they're back with the 'geek-chic' fashion trend. I love this American Apparel denim back pack, but there is an £8.00 copy in Primark for those of you on a tighter budget. 

American Apparel: £38.00

 TREND FOUR: SCRUNCHIES

Scrunchies along with butterfly clips were the must-have hair accessories of the 90's, and they're back. I just wish i had enough hair! 
How to wear a scrunchie and look stylish.

Asos: £5.00


TREND FIVE: NIKE AIR MAX'S 

Words cannot explain how much I love Nike Airmax's at the moment. But, looking at the old ones I am so glad they have been revamped. Trainers are really popular at the moment and I literally live in them, I just wish these were a little more reasonable. But if anybody out there would want to treat me to some Liberty print Nikes... Then I am eternally grateful

Libertys: £145.00
Office: £94.99


TREND SIX: CAPS
 Well if fresh Prince wore them, they had to be cool. right?! I am not a fan of the snap back with a sticker on look, as lets face it they look ridiculous... and although I don't think I will be wearing a cap just yet, some people do pull them off. So if you are wanting an edgier look than that of a basketball reject then try this Rihanna for River Island Cap. 

River Island: £25.00
TREND SIX: JELLIE SHOES

This is definitely my second favourite 90's trend for the summer! We all remember wearing a glittery pair of jellie shoes down the beach, and I just want to relive that memory. I really want to buy these JUJU ones however, as I am not leaving the country this summer am not sure if I can pull them off down Margate beach, However stylish ol' Mary Portas claims to have made it. 

JuJu: £25.00
TREND SEVEN: FANNY PACK / BUM BAG


The cringe-worthy trend of the 1990's now seems like the most practical bag on the high street. The perfect accessory for those summer nights out or festival weekend. These are so useful if you are anything like myself and loose everything in your handbag especially after a summer cider ... or three. 
Topshop: £25.00

TREND EIGHT: BN BISCUITS 


Okay, is no one else excited that these are back?! I am desperate to find these somewhere as have seen them all over instagram and cannot get the song out of my head. "BN BN NA NA NA NA NA" 

Ocado: £1.50








Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,