Exams are over and those of you who have recently finished your A Levels are now eagerly awaiting that dreaded results day, to see if you have got your place at university. That is why I am going to do a weekly post on what you need to take to university.
This is the first post and lists the kitchen essentials you will need for moving out and starting university, at a budget price.
1. Chopping board - IKEA (80p)
4. Frying pan - Wilkinsons (3.50 for 2 - but only NEED one)
5. 2 x plates - IKEA (80p each)
6. 2 x bowls - IKEA (80p each) *not pictured above
7. 16 piece cutlery set - IKEA (£1.50)
8. 2 x glasses - IKEA (50p each)
11. Knife block - IKEA (£1.55)
12. Assorted food containers - ASDA (£4.00)
13. ceramic roasting dish - ASDA (£3.00) *not pictured above
14. Tea Towels - TESCO (£1.50) *not pictured above
15. Oven Gloves - Matalan (£3.00) *not pictured above
16. Tin Opener - Wilkinson (44p) *not pictured above
17. Kitchen utensils - Ikea (£4.50) *not pictured above
I have included a baking section to this post as baking is one of the things that made my housemates and I gel together and become the best friends we are today. Even now we make a massive efforts with birthday cakes and if someone is feeling under the weather we always bake.
This is obviously not essential but below are some low cost baking essentials, if you decide it is something you want to do.
HERE ARE SOME OF MY CAKES MADE WITH FRIENDS AT UNIVERSITY !!
Labels: advice, homeware, kitchen, lifestyle, University