AN AFFORDABLE FACE SPF

Soap & Glory Make Yourself Youthful Sunshield Superfluid SPF 50


As a teen desperate for that LA tan, I never really understood the importance of SPF, and used all the wrong products in hope that I'd look like a glowing celeb, but usually resembled more of a Lobster in return. 

Many girls my age still insist on sun beds, foolishly buying a factor 4 oil for their holiday and generally do not understand the importance of a bloody good SPF. Using a decent suncream will not stop you tanning, it will, if anything enhance your tan while protecting your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays. 

Recently, I have decided that I do not want to look like a tired old woman by the time I am 30 and that I would start using a SPF daily on my face. When looking for the perfect facial SPF I realised this was not going to be cheap. I wanted something that would sit well under my make up and give me Factor 50 protection. 

Then I found this... The Soap & Glory Make Yourself Youthful Sunshield Superfluid SPF 50 ... and boy am I impressed. This has been compared to the likes of Kiehls and other high end sun protectors and is only half the price at £15. 

I apply this after my daily skincare routine and it works somewhere between a mattifying moisturiser and a good water based primer. I have found my skin reacts really well to this and my makeup sits on top beautifully. 

Ok, at 21 I can't really tell you the long term affects, but I am hoping that when all my friends have leathery skin I will be looking plump and youthful thanks to my knowledge of protection. You may think that I am only using this because I am as pale as they get but I assure you this is an essential for anyone who wants to look afar their skin. 

Labels: , , , , ,