UNI GUIDE: 5 websites to help you survive uni

Hello! 

So I am back again with another addition to my starting university guide. Today is 5 websites that'll help you survive uni. This is mostly aimed at girls (who read my blog) but some of these sites are pretty generic and will come in useful. 

These sites will help you survive everything from essays, boredom and even tackling awkward issues. So keep on reading. As always I will link below ALL of my past uni guides and any posts I feel will be useful. 

1) STUDENT BEANS ...

I discovered this site just before I started uni when I was helplessly googling something stupid like 'how to make friends at uni' LOL! But this site has provided me and my housemates with no end of laughter and entertainment. With everything from articles, recipes, jobs and helpful survival tips it really is the site that keeps on giving. Written by students for students it is hilariously witty and seems to know just what you want to hear. 

2) CITE THIS FOR ME ...


Sorry lecturers. When you first start uni nobody prepares you for the mind numbing minefield that is referencing, bibliographies and citations. Literally, I had no idea what I was doing and I can safely say that although I can string one together now it was always something I hated doing. A bit like cleaning a loo - a tough and horrid job that has gotta be done. Well, although most courses will give you a guide which I do suggest you stick to this website can really help you piece it all together when you're falling apart not knowing where to put a full stop or comma! I will stress this site isn't always 100% accurate or may not cohere with your university's guidelines but it will help get your head around it all. 

3) THE DEBRIEF  ...

Okay, so you've just started uni and you've made some brill friends that you're pretty sure are going to become your BFF's but you don't want to scare them off by asking them personal questions about sex, periods or drugs... Well the debrief is like your best pal with no embarrassment or shame. The site is aimed at women in their young twenties and covers a whole range of topics in a funny yet informative way. I am a huge fan of the site and think it is almost like the 'how to be a grown up' guide.

4) A Thrifty Mrs ...

Have you ever had that friend who is ace at finding bargains, while you paid full price and are now skint for the next month? Well don't be that guy anymore. A Thrifty Mrs helps you with everything from budget style, food, recipes, cleaning and just about anything else you can save money on. I found her to be my absolute hero while at uni, always checking in to see what tips and tricks I could use. And trust me her homemade cleaning products are AMAZING!! While you're at uni you will become very skint and every tip and trick will help you stay alive... 

6) NETFLIX ...

If you haven't got Netflix where have you been? There are some pretty boring weekends ahead of you at uni, when you're hungover you will rely on the power of Netflix and a good onesie, trust me! You may find yourself watching Barnie the purple dinosaur or getting hooked on a new series, but one thing is for sure this is totally worth the £5 a month. 


OTHER UNI POSTS ... 

http://mlsxx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/what-to-take-to-uni-part-three.html
http://www.mlsxx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/what-to-take-to-uni-part-2.html
http://www.mlsxx.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/what-to-take-to-uni-part-1.html
http://www.mlsxx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/university-advice.html
http://mlsxx.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/uni-guide-three-books-to-read-before.html

Labels: , , , , ,