A black moisturiser? THE REVIEW

 A little strange huh? The idea of smothering a black moisturiser over your face before applying your nice dewy foundation? Well, it works. Superdrug's Optimum Phytobrighter, Triple Action Illuminating Black Moisturiser, not only wins my award for the worlds longest name but for the most unusual concept on a budget.

This is a anti-ageing moisturiser aimed at those aged 25+ (oops) and claims to to boost radiance, reduce pigmentation and fade age spots and marks. I have to say I am a huge fan of Superdrugs skincare in general they're always incredibly well made, excellently put together and often give the results promised for a shockingly low price. This however, was one of the most expensive things I have tried from their own brand coming in at £12.99 - but still cheaper than some of my higher end alternatives.

I've read a few reviews on this saying people felt grubby and could not get a grip of this under their make up. I can only imagine they were in a rush and simply did not massage this product into the skin thouroughly. The moisturiser itself sinks in to the skin nicely when rubbed in and is an extremely hydrating watery texture. I do suffer from dry and tight feeling skin and I have found this to combat that without leaving my pores feeling clogged! - winner!

When not rubbed in fully it can leave the skin looking a little grey - so if you're someone who likes to sleep through their alarm and get ready in a rush maybe this is not for you. However, if you suffer from dehydrated skin I really recommend it for a great product at a reasonable price. I feel like this is going to last me so long as it is one of those great products whereby a little goes a really long way.

At the ripe old age of 21 I cannot speak for it's anti ageing effects, I can only say that it leaves my face feeling firmer and smoother to the touch which is great as I do have a little bit of acne scarring. I think the packaging is really quite something- it looks incredibly high end and sophisticated and is not something I am trying to hide at the back of my stash- although I do feel like this is where some of the costs come from.

Will you be trying this black moisturiser?

Labels: , , , ,