The Problem Skin Face Mask || REVIEW



You may have noticed that I am a huge Body Shop fan, I adore their skincare ranges and feel that they're always on point with all of their new releases. When I was recently in my local store the sales assistant pointed me to this face mask when I mentioned that I get really bad problem skin during times of high stress and hormonal times. 

The Body Shop Blue Corn Deep Cleansing Mask is a mud style mask that aims to exfoliate, cleanse and purify the skin, helping to remove dead skin cells and draw out impurities. When I first used this I was concerned by how much it made my sensitive skin sting, but I have learned it simply needs some lubrication to prevent that initial burn. Apply on damp just cleansed skin and leave on for approximately 10 minutes. 

You can seriously feel this working, the blue corn powder exfoliates in a way that you can feel but doesn't aggravate the skin too much, and the clay helps to draw out the oils and first from beneath the skin, which controls shine and keeps spots at bay. Now, I have discussed my horrid dry skin before and how much I struggle with keeping my skin hydrated so this was a concern for me using this face mask. The glycerin and essential oils help to keep this mask from being too dehydrating on your delicate face. However, I do focus it more on my oilier breakouts. 

I find a little bit of this goes a long way and I feel that my breakouts have been kept far more at bay due to this mask. This is one of those products that hasn't had much hype but really deserves it for it's deep cleansing ability. And it smells just like refresher sweets! SCORE! 




Labels: , , , ,