BUDGET BEAUTY HALL OF FAME 2014: Make Up



Can you believe that we are nearing the end of 2014? No, me either! From now until Wednesday (NYE) I am doing my beauty hall of fame - all of my favourite high street/drugstore products from this year. 

//PALETTE or EYESHADOW // W7 In The Buff 
I couldn't do my yearly favourites round up without mentioning this palette, for the third time this year. Being a total dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette, this is the perfect nude eyeshadow collection, with decent quality shadows in both shimmer and matte formulations. With a budget price tag this is ideal for beginners, or lovers of the Naked 2 palette. (W7 in the buff available here)

//MASCARA // Magnifibres Brush On Lashes 
Ok, ok this is not a mascara... but since my favourite mascara was discontinued I have struggled to find a budget alternative. However, I have come across this 'brush on false lashes' magnifibre mascara  which instantly lengthens and volumes my lashes before mascara. This is a little more expensive than I would have liked to have featured,but is by far the best lash primer I have used that really makes a massive difference to the appearance of my little lashes. (Magnifibres Brush On Lashes available here) 

//FOUNDATION // L'Oreal True Match Foundation  
This was a foundation rediscovery for me, later in the year but I have seriously fallen head over heels.  It has covered some of my worst breakouts, yet looks so natural that people have genuinely thought I wasn't wearing any makeup. It isn't too matte nor is it overly dewy and allows the skin breath comfortably. I have always been a high end foundation kind of girl, but with similarities to the Georgio Armani Luminous silk foundation this has become a firm favourite. (L'oreal True Match Foundation Available here) 

//CONCEALER // Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Concealer
This concealer is the one I reach for after those late nights, insomnia-filled nights and those early morning commutes to London. Ok, I can't speak for the whole anti-ageing claims, but in terms of dark circles this light weight concealer has become a firm favourite of 2014. (Maybelline Concealer available here)

// BROW PRODUCT // Soap and Glory Brow Archery Pencil
I seriously suck at filling in my brows, I hate it. But if there is one product I have been reaching for time and time again it is this. The super slim waxy pencil makes for hair-like precision and the spooly helps to control unruly brows, With comparisons to some of the most expensive alternatives - this is a product worth its buck. (Soap And Glory Brow Archery available here) 

//SETTING POWDER// Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder 
This powder has been one of the best discoveries of the year. It is a lightweight wearable powder that is finely milled and compacted into this bright pink compact with a mirror. It applies invisible but mattifys oily patches and helps set your foundation in place all day without looking dry or flaky. (Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder available here) 

//CHEEK PRODUCT// Revlon Highlighting Palette (Rose Gold) 
This year I've not found a new blusher or bronzer from the high street that has totally had me head over heels. But, there has been a few highlighters which excited me... nothing more than this Revlon highlighting brick. A total dupe for the Bobbi Brown alternative this pink toned powder gives a gorgeous sheen without looking glittery or false. A natural flush of colour which makes you look glowy and perfected in one sweep on the brush. (Revlon Highlighting Palette available here) 

//EYELINER // Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Liner
I am a total eyeliner noob, unable to master the flick or sultry thin line. But this pretty much unspoken eyeliner has made this dilemma a little easier. A true black liquid with a perfect thin brush that allows a tight, thin and perfected line with ease. (Rimmel Glam Eyes Liner available here)

//LIPS// Bourjois Rogue Edition Velvet AND Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencil
-Bourjois - The Rogue Edition velvets were the turning point in my lipstick / lip gloss journey. Having always been a moisturising lipstick fan this Matte lip stain is a dream to apply and use. A soft velvety lip stain, that leaves an opaque, long lasting colour on the lips. (Bourjois Rougue Edition Velvet available here) 
-Maybelline - This lip crayon is a gorgeously creamy lip crayon which gives great colour pay off with easy application is a beautiful shade selection. Somewhere between a matte and cream finish this a high end feeling product for a great price point. (Maybelline Colour Drama available here)


Labels: , , , , ,