#FOOD FRIDAY || THE HEALTHY PROTEIN PACKED CHOCOLATE MILKSHAKE


We all love chocolate, am I right people? And right now we all want to start indulging in those mini chocolates and sing festive tunes! But let's face it come January we will all be regretting that pre-christmas binge. So I have come up with a healthy and pretty delicious chocolate milkshake recipe that'll keep your energy high and your sugar levels low! 

YOU WILL NEED: 
1. 1/2 scoop of whey protein (choc / vanilla flavour)  (For a free gift type in ref code MS103105 at the checkout) 
2. 1 tsp of raw cacao powder 
3. 1 tsp of maca root powder 
4. 200 ml almond milk / choosen milk
5. x1 frozen banana
6. 1 tsp organic peanut butter (optional) 


INSTRUCTIONS: 

I find myself laughing as I wrote the word 'instructions' as it is simply a case of bunging it all into a blender and letting it whizz! 


HEALTH BENEFITS : 
I'm not an expert! Please always read up on health foods before you try them! Don't take my word for any of this as we all need different supplements and no one person is the same. 

1. Whey Protein Powder : There are a lot of opinions on protein powders and whether or not they're actually good for you but if you're an avid gym goer they help to increase your protein intake, reduce fat, increase muscle building, keep your immune system stable among many others.... 

2. Raw Cacoa Powder : There are so many health benefits of eating raw cacao but my favourite part is that it tastes like a delicious deep and rich chocolate. It is full of antioxidants and vitamins that'll help improve your health among many other benefits. 

3. Maca Root Powder : This is an amazing natural source of energy, I like to pop a little on my breakfast to keep me going all day and again great to have before a work out. I feel like it has a honeycomb style flavour but it is incredibly strong and shouldn't be eaten in large quantities. This is filled with healthy vitamins, libido raising qualities, mood enhancing benefits and can also help improve your skin too. 

4. Almond Milk : I am not telling you to stop drinking cows milk, but I try not too drink too much of it as it often has a bad effect of me. Almond milk contains NO cholesterol or lactose and is high in protein and fibre. You can also easily make it at home and it tastes delicious. 

5. Banana: We all know that fruit is good for us, but bananas are full of fibre, potassium and healthy carbohydrates that'll keep you energised and full for a really long time. I freeze mine for shakes and smoothies as I like the texture it adds. 

6. Organic Peanut Butter: Now, we are not talking about the sugar filled supermarket tubs, but the 100% peanut ones. It is filled with natural healthy fats and high in protein which is really good for weight loss and lean muscle. 


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,